Friday, September 3, 2010

And So The Adventure Begins!

Hello all,

I just started school at The University of Iowa, College of Pharmacy. With a little luck and a lot of hard work, I should be graduating with the class of 2014. Well, this is why I moved from sunny Southern California to Iowa. Believe me, it wasn't a tough decision to leave.

Here I am right after the white coat ceremony which was held in a ballroom at the Marriott. After many speeches, former alumni/faculty who were members of the 1885 Society bestowed upon us our coats as a symbol of the profession. After the coating, we all took the Oath of a Pharmacist (all this before even starting classes). The school's vision is that we we start our studies with this to mark the beginning of our careers. It doesn't start when we graduate or become licensed--it starts now.


A fellow classmate kindly took my photos for me as I went alone. This was right before the ceremony and I was front and center.



2 comments:

  1. CongratS!!!!!

    work hard, and have fun :) miss you, Lara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Angela,

    Thanks for sharing. I remember when I first moved to LA, my bedside table and my TV stand were boxes too. They were actually pretty good and fit very well. I even covered my bedside table box with wrapping paper so to look "unique" :)

    Marie

    ReplyDelete